Cuisine – Sichuan Cuisine
Prep Time – 20 Minutes
Cooking Time – 8 Minutes
Cut the dried Chilli Peppers , Discard the seeds and then soak the peppers in water for 15 minutes . We do so to avoid the burning of peppers when we fry them.
- Cut the boneless chicken thighs and then cut into small cubes . In a large Bowl , Marinade the chicken cubes with all the marinating sauces . Mix well and sent aside for around 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in the wok or pan for the deep frying .Heat until really Hot , add the marinated chicken cubes in the hot oil and fry till golden brown. Transfer out.
- Get a clean wok or pan and add only ½ table spoon of oil and then fry the peppers for 1-2 minutes over slow fire until most of them become dark red in colour . Add Sichuan peppercorn in and continue frying for another 1 minute over slow fire.
- Push the spices to one side and add ½ tea spoon of oil and fry Ginger slices and scallion white and garlic until aromatic.
- Return the fried chicken cubes ,add roasted sesame seeds ,sugar ,salt and scallion Green section. Mix well and serve immediately.
The corn starch used will help in reducing the oil absorbed by chicken while frying and will keep the chicken tender.